Sunday, 5 July 2009

Reading Crusade: A Quasi Success


I am currently on my book-a-week Reading Crusade.

Because I am made of win, in week one I successfully completed the Nicholas Sparks novel 'The Lucky One'.

Well done, Einstein.

Week two started out so full of promise.

I read the prologue of 'The Host' by Stephenie Meyer. [If you hadn't realised by now, the Reading Crusade is very high brow and mainly an intellectual challenge.]

Then, on day two, I got some pretty bad news and was sent home from work. The rest of the week has been spent in a state of suspended animation, waiting for something to happen one way or another and wasting time and energy by feeling sad.

I have also been busy at work doing my LMA. This is essentially a week long exam where everything you do is monitored and you are allowed to make 2 mistakes. I have to go on until Tuesday next week because of the time off I had. Boo.

It did lead to an interesting conversation with a Mrs Bunny Phoeuk - yes, that is pronounced the way you think it is. That has been recorded in the 'Funny Names' book. Whatever gets you through the day ...

Only The Stalker will appreciate what the LMA means and, if you are reading this, I will be emailing you loads next week to bitch about the person you sit next to. "Welcome to the pension centre" ... it's week 13 and you can't even answer the fucking phone properly!

*Breathes into the paper bag*

So those are my excuses, and I'm sticking to them.

Week three is a clean slate and I am going to re-start 'The Host'.

Weeks 4 & 5 should be pretty successful as I have 2 15-hour plane journeys to get through.


No comments: