Sunday, 31 May 2009

It's A Nice Day For A [Red And] White Wedding ...


Yesterday I went to a wedding.

At Anfield, home of Liverpool FC.


In between the ceremony and the reception, we walked around the Liverpool FC museum. There was not much to see.

As a Manchester United fan, the museum was nowhere near as good as the one at Old Trafford.


Liverpool have apparently won the European Cup 5 times. I don't think anyone mentioned that all day. Much.


In the museum, we had the chance to offer Bruce Grobbelaar some used £10 notes.
If you are not a football fan, that is actually quite witty. Trust me.


Me & R were probably a bit overexcited by the Bill Shankly statue.



Don't take any knives, darts, tools or large radios into Anfield, thankyou please.




Unimpressed by the actual European Cup wearing Liverpool ribbons.



What do you do at the wedding of 2 fanatical Liverpool fans at their home stadium?
That's right. You get a bridesmaid to bring some Man Utd stuff.

The wedding DJ was the most aggressive man I have ever seen at a wedding. He was slightly scary. And I actually sang along to 'You'll Never Walk Alone'.

It was a fabulous day.

And I witnessed what may have been the greatest karaoke performance in the world. Ever.
Feast your ears:




Wow.
I never thought I would ever actually prefer to hear Chris de Burgh do anything, but I think that day has come.

2 comments:

Nicola said...

I think I'm pretty hardcore for managing 30 seconds of that karaoke before hitting mute!

How EXACTLY would you get a flagpole into a football stadium anyway? And why would you want to?

Surprised there was no comment from you re tools/Liverpool fans...

Jessclub7 said...

Liverpool fans = tools.

I thought that went without saying Nic?!