Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Shuffle


I am very interested in things which are quite boring to most people. I don't know why, I always have been.

Today I have been messing with the shuffle function on my iPod, it is set to be the 'most' random, but the same songs still keep coming up. I have 3821 songs on it (I LOVE music) but a disproportionate number of songs by the same artist keeps coming on. I thought I would shuffle and list the first 20 songs which came on - I wonder if I will look like I have good taste or bad taste at the end of this?! Probably bad.

1. Hand On Your Heart - Kylie Minogue [Released in 1989, when I was 6, I remember dancing around my living room to this, making up dances, wishing I was Kylie]
2. Venus - Bananarama [Hahaha]
3. Valerie - The Zutons [The original and best]
4. Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
5. Sheila Take A Bow - The Smiths [Another childhood song. I remember dancing around to a load of Smiths songs without having a clue what they were about or what the lyrics were]
6. Lately - Stevie Wonder [I feel like an American Idol contestant having this song on there. Please Simon, just give me a chance! Randy?! Paula?!]
7. Stick To The Status Quo - High School Musical Soundtrack [Best random lyrical reference to creme brulee ever. Also possibly the only lyrical reference to creme brulee ever]
8. Personal Jesus - Depeche Mode
9. The Wonder Of You - Elvis Presley [How very random]
10. Why Can't I Wake Up With You? - Take That [Another childhood sound]
11. One Short Day - Wicked Soundtrack
12. Use Somebody - Kings Of Leon [Oh the irony. This song has been out in the UK for over 3 months and I hear it at least 3 times a day still. It is following me around. I hear it in the places I least expect and it is beginning to get annoying]
13. Walking On Sunshine - KC & The Sushine Band
14. Sparkling Diamonds - Moulin Rouge Soundtrack [The road trip CD. The number of sing-a-longs I have had to this song and the Elephant Love Medley or Come What May or Your Song or Lady Marmalade. Good times]
15. Everywhere - Fleetwood Mac [LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this song]
16. Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin [Rarely listen to this]
17. Boys - Britney Spears [Not her best but definitely not her worst. Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman anyone?]
18. Faith - George Michael [Was kinda disappointed that I didn't see him when I went to Hampstead Heath. Should have looked for the Range Rover half in a hedge stinking of marijuana. We live and learn]
19. Valerie - Amy Winehouse [See about it being not that random?]
20. Business Time - Flight Of The Conchords [Love the Conchords]

That was actually a lot better than it could have been. I have some pretty bad songs on there. Not sure that this was worth reading but, oh well!


I really do heart that song. Even if Mick Fleetwood looks like Saruman's rebel son who abandoned being a dark wizard in favour of electronically based popular music and drug use.

And if anyone has any music recommendations, let me know!

1 comment:

Gaz said...

Try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IFUNIa2NU8

If you don't like Stephen Lynch then I'm disappointed in you.

And...if you don't spend at least 2 hours looking at the rest I'll be amazed!