Sunday, 22 March 2009

EXTERMINATE!


Yesterday it was a certain someone's birthday celebration. Certain someone is quite the fan of Doctor Who. Whilst shopping, Dalek cake was spotted and purchased. I think it's a fairly cool cake - even if the orange flash is a bit rubbish.

So there you go, Mer. You can see the dalek cake. Want me to send you one for your birthday?!

With the candles on it.

Then we went for seafood. This blog is fast turning into a photographic food diary. I will resolve to hate tons of things in my last few weeks of unrestricted internet access and unrestricted leisure time. R tried a mussel for the first time and the look on his face was priceless. Needless to say, he didn't like it.

G & K's epic seafood platter. Most photographed thing of the night. What a task eating this was. K even managed an oyster. When I tried an oyster I spent 10 minutes heaving into a public litter bin in Dublin. Such a good look.

The detritus of the seafood platter. It leaves a lot of waste. When I tried lobster, I thought it was a ton of effort for very little reward. But using the claw crackers was pretty cool.

Trying to split a £358 bill 12 ways after my share of 4 bottles of wine was also a bit hard, but we got there in the end.

Today is mother's day, so happy mother's day to any mums reading.

I got my mum a card with a picture of a cat on it yawning, but it looked like it was smiling. The writing said: 'I'm smiling because you're my mum. And laughing because you can't do anything about it'. Fairly lame but when she opened it she said: 'Oh, thank God! It isn't homemade!' Note to self: never make the effort to make CBM anything ever again.

I didn't get her a present as is trad, but my brother got her a massive plant thing. Creep. I may be the olden child, but I'm not the golden child. That's for sure.

We are now watching the BBC Pride & Prejudice marathon together. Charlotte Lucas has just got engaged to Mr Collins. Poor Charlotte.

Tomorrow is the Day Of Fun. It's top secret but I will probably write about it on Tuesday when I will be back on the computer. It's gonna be great!


No comments: